Last modified: June 27, 2022
This policy applies to information we collect on this Site; in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Site; and through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Site or another third-party application store, which provides dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Site.
“Services” refers to the Company’s services accessed through the Sites, in which users can download documents and reports, subscribe to receive newsletters, communications or publications, or contact us to learn more about our services.
The terms “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to the Company.
“You” refers to you, as a user of our Sites or Services.
- Information We Collect about You and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about persons that access or use our Site or Services. Information may be collected (i) directly from you when you provide it to us; (ii) automatically when you use the Site or Services, such information being collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies; or (iii) by third parties. When you access or use our Sites or Services, we may ask you to provide, and we may collect, “Personal Information” and “Non-Personal Information.” “Personal Information” includes your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, job title or position, company or organization name, business address and IP address, or any other information the Sites or Services collect that is defined as personal information under an applicable law, as well as any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline. “Non-Personal Information” includes information that cannot be used to personally identify you, such as anonymous usage data, general demographic information we may collect, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, preferences you submit and preferences that are generated based on the data you submit and number of clicks.
Information Collected Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Sites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including (i) traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on our Sites, (ii) information about your computer or mobile device and internet connection, including server log data, IP address, operating system information and browser type, and (iii) if you have provided permission through your device to allow us to collect location information, we may obtain your physical location information, from technologies such as GPS, Wi-Fi, or cell tower signals (“Location Information”). You may withdraw your permission for us to acquire your Location Information, but we do not control this process. We use this information to understand usage patterns on our Sites, such as to determine the parts of our Sites visitors find most valuable. The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Sites may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Site content and verifying system and server integrity).
When you use our Sites or Services, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include (i) analytics companies, who evaluate usage of our Sites and Services, (ii) your mobile device manufacturer, or (iii) your mobile service provider.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use our Sites and Services. The information they collect may be associated with your Personal Information or they may collect information, including Personal Information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, applications, and other online services. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
- How We Use and Share Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with our Sites and Services and its content, and any other information that you request from us.
- Provide you with information or services that you request from us.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you about changes to our Sites or Services.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site.
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service.
- Provide news and information we think will be of interest to you.
- Detect and protect the Company against error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft, and other illegal activity, and to audit compliance with our policies and contractual obligations.
- Monitor compliance with our Terms and Conditions.
We may share Personal Information with outside parties if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to meet any applicable legal process or enforceable governmental request; to enforce applicable Terms and Conditions, including investigation of potential violations; address fraud, security or technical concerns; or to protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by at any other time by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IV. How We Protect Your Personal Information
We implement security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We further protect your information from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures including encryption, firewalls and secure socket layer technology. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software.
Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. By accessing or using our Sites or Services, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
V. Your Rights Regarding the Use of Your Personal Information
VI. Links to Other Websites
VII. Children’s Privacy
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy. Our Sites and Services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children and any persons under the age of eighteen (18). It is not our policy to intentionally collect or store information about children and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you believe we have collected such information, please contact us at email@example.com.
VIII. State Privacy Laws
State consumer privacy laws may provide their residents with additional rights regarding our use of their personal information. To learn more about California residents’ privacy rights, visit https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa.
Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah each provide their state residents with rights to:
- Confirm whether we process their personal information;
- Access and delete certain personal information;
- Data portability; and
- Opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales.
Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia also provide their state residents with rights to:
- Correct inaccuracies in their personal information, taking into account the information’s nature processing purpose; and
- Opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
To exercise any of these rights please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To appeal a decision regarding a consumer rights request please contact us at email@example.com.
X. Contact Us